Our Standards of Accreditation are specifically international and are deliberate in their care to respect and celebrate the diversity of excellence in education systems worldwide. We also believe that a truly international education experience should foster inclusivity and tolerance.
We want our institutions to educate globally competent and culturally aware students, proud of their education and their countries, and mature in their understanding that they can live and work in harmony alongside people with markedly different backgrounds, experiences, and beliefs.
Throughout our history, ASIC has recognised and rewarded the efforts of our institutions in going above and beyond in:
- their duty of care,
- innovative delivery of high-quality educational experiences,
- the championing of global citizenship education.
The ASIC Inclusivity Award 2021
About the Award
The award is for the advancement, achievement, and impact of inclusivity initiatives within the context of the promotion of global citizenship education and values and in support of 4, 5, 10, and 16 of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
We may also reward outstanding entries with a special award in the following categories:
- The Advancing of Gender Equality
- The Championing of Religious Beliefs and Tolerance
- The Advancing of Disability Inclusion
- Low income and minority ethnic groups: The Promotion of Equal Access for All
- SGM (Sexual and gender minorities): The Championing of Individuality and Freedom of Expression
Entry requirements: Open to all ASIC UK and International institutions.
Submission opening: 9 a.m. 18th January 2021
Closing date: 5 p.m. 28th February 2021
Results: Will be announced during Education Beyond 2021 – an ASIC International Education Conference (Virtual Event), in March.
How to enter
- Entry is by written submission, of no more than 1,000 words, on what your institution is currently doing, or has done in the past year, to advance inclusivity within your institution.
- In support of your written submission, you may include 1-5 high-quality images and/or 1-2 videos no longer than 2 minutes each.
- Please submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date, 28th February 2021. (Unfortunately, we will be unable to consider any entries submitted after the deadline.)
One overall winner will receive:
- A trophy and certificate for display.
- A dedicated international inclusivity feature in the ASIC newsletter and promotion across our social channels for 1 month.
- 2 free tickets for the Virtual ASIC Conference 2021.
- An invitation to speak at the ASIC Virtual Conference 2021 on a topic related to inclusivity.
One runner-up will receive:
- Certificate for display.
- A feature article in ASIC newsletter with accompanying social posts.
- 1 free ticket for the Virtual ASIC Conference 2021
Special award winners:
ASIC may also grant a special award to institutions who demonstrate outstanding contribution in the categories detailed in the “about the awards” section above. The recipients of these will also feature within the ASIC newsletter and social promotion of the awards.