ASIC International Conferences
Since ASIC’s inception in 2007, we have conducted and participated in seminars, workshops, and conferences both in the UK and overseas.
During our 10th anniversary year, we held our first international conference in Kuala Lumpur, which was attended by 160 delegates from over 40 countries. Delegates included those from our accredited institutions, those interested in gaining accreditation, and sector experts. The two-day conference celebrated a decade of promoting excellence in international education.
Here at ASIC, we empower international cooperation in the education community and the conference also provided the opportunity for delegates to connect and network, as well as build formal partnerships.
Following the outstanding success of this and subsequent conferences, and in response increased demand, we now run a series of more intimate regional conferences worldwide in addition to our annual international conference.
These conferences will enable our institutions, and those seeking ASIC accreditation, to meet with industry experts, ministry of education dignitaries, and various leaders and representatives from local education authorities, intergovernmental, non-governmental, and other education agencies, along with the chance to submit papers for presentation, develop partnerships, and experience new countries, cultures and business opportunities.
Information about our conferences including dates, agendas, sponsorship opportunities, etc. will be published shortly here on our website and circulated via our newsletter and social media.
ASIC International Conferences 2019
Our first drop of exciting news is this year we will be holding three regional conferences; to be held in Jamaica, Thailand and Indonesia. This year’s annual conference will be in Kuala Lumpur. Information on the conferences and details of how to register will be released shortly.
ASIC International Conference 2018
Thank you to all who joined us in Muscat for this year’s International Conference.
We had a fantastic time with great presentations, breakout meetings, and partnership development.
Take a look through some of the pictures in our gallery below and head to our gallery page for more pictures from ASIC events.
ASIC International Conference 2018 Gallery
There’s more to running an educational institution than just gaining the accreditation. It’s important to maintain good operation practices in the long term so that you can keep providing students with a valuable and effective educational experience. ASIC can help you to implement various management strategies so you can continue to operate a successful institution.
Some of our areas of expertise:
- Reviewing operations to determine their effectiveness and identifying areas of strength and weakness.
- Service planning, business planning, strategic planning.
- Plans for improvement and development of the institution.
- Developing the curriculum to ensure continued relevance to today’s students.
- Developing and implementing new administrative procedures.
- Developing effective, ethical and honest marketing strategies.
- Training programs for staff to help them develop their skills.
Events and Training
We believe it is important for our accredited institutions to be able to continue to engage with us, so we aim to give them plenty of opportunities to do so. This is why we provide outstanding Networking and Training Events. To do this, we join up with relevant organisations whose knowledge will help you to stay up to date with the latest legislation and best practices. This is essential if you want to stay ahead of the competition in the Education Market.
Previous seminars include:
- Student Visitor Route, International Student Recruitment & Partnership Development
- Internationalisation, Key Performance Indicators and International Student Mobility
- Compliant International Student Recruitment in an Increasingly Adverse Climate
- Establishing a Student’s True Intent to Study
- Secure Recruitment Practices – delivered in collaboration with the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (UKNARIC)
- Don’t Put All Your Eggs in the Tier 4 Basket
- Protecting your Tier 4 Licence – delivered in collaboration with the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (UKNARIC)
30% Discount at all WEBA Events
As one of the benefits of ASIC accreditation, ASIC’s institutions can gain a 30% discount at all WEBA events. These include regular international student recruitment fairs at a variety of locations worldwide and WEBA agent workshops. These provide excellent opportunities for colleges to recruit students, meet new agents and develop partnerships.
More information about WEBA events can be found here.
Recruitment Fairs and Workshops
In the past few years we have attended and exhibited at many international student recruitment events, both alongside our accredited institutions and on their behalf. This has proven to be an effective and useful exercise and we will be continuing to offer this service. You can find out about upcoming fairs and workshops we will be attending on our website as well as in our regular newsletter.