Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI) is one of the oldest universities of education in Indonesia. Since its establishment on October, 20th 1954, it has undergone a number of changes. Initially, it was named Teachers Education College (PTPG). In 1957 it was merged into Padjadjaran University as Faculty of Teacher Training and Educational Sciences known (FKIP).
In 1963 it became an institute for teacher training called IKIP Bandung and finally, since 1999 it transformed into a full university status named Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI). Currently, UPI is one of few universities with autonomous status in Indonesia. UPI sets up its vision as a leading and outstanding university in the field of educational sciences.
International Program on Science Education (IPSE) was founded in 1999 with the main goals to prepare teachers who are competent in teaching general science.
In addition, IPSE was also designed to uplift the quality of science education by preparing quality science teachers who meet international standards.
IPSE is a 4-year program (8 semesters). During the program students are required to take a number of compulsory and elective courses at a minimum of 144 credits.
As an international program, English is the formal language of instruction. To support students in achieving the standards, besides the curricular program IPSE also provides co-curricular and extra-curricular programs. Quality assurance of the program is conducted at the national level (national accreditation) as well as international certification.
A leading and outstanding study program in science education.
- To conduct educational program in order to prepare competent science teachers who have the ability to compete globally;
- To develop innovative science education theories and science;
- To actively involved in professional community service to solve problems related to national and global science education;
- To build network and partnership with international institutions;
- To promote an international recognition through research and international publications.
Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia
Jl. Dr. Setiabudi 229 Bandung 40154 Indonesia
Tel: +62 22-2013163
Web: http://www.upi.edu | Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia
http://www.ipse.upi.edu | IPSE
Please, don’t hesitate to contact us!