MM University established under Maharishi Markandeshwar University Trust (MMUT), has become a symbol of quality education in technical, professional and medical streams in northern India and has been carrying on its lineage for over 20 years.
Maharishi Markandeshwar University Trust (MMUT), Mullana – Ambala, erstwhile known as Maharishi Markandeshwar Education Trust was founded with the objective of social, educational and economic upliftment of society in the year 1993, in the name of Lord Shiva’s devotee, “Maharishi Markandeshwar Ji”.
In exercise of powers conferred under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, the Central Government, on the advice of the University Grants Commission, has declared Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana – Ambala comprising ten of its teaching institutions, as “Deemed University” vide Notification No. F.9-65/2006-U.3 (A) dated 12-6-2007.
The constituent institutions of the University are:
- MM Engineering College
- MM Institute of Computer Technology & Business Management (MCA)
- MM College of Dental Sciences & Research
- MM Institute of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
- MM Institute of Computer Technology & Business Management (Hotel Management)
- MM Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
- MM Institute of Management
- MM College of Nursing
- MM College of Pharmacy
- MM Institute of Nursing
These institutes are also approved by the regulatory bodies like Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India, Indian Nursing Council, Indian Association of Physiotherapists, All India Council for Technical Education etc.
Other institutions established by the MMU Trust are:
- A University at Sadopur in Ambala (Established under Haryana Govt. Act No. 29 of 2010).
- A University in Himachal Pradesh at Solan (HP Govt. Act No. 22 of 2010)
- M. International School, Mullana (Ambala), Haryana.
- M. International School, Sadopur (Ambala), Haryana
- M. School of Nursing & Midwifery at Mullana
- M. Group of Institutions at Ramba-Karnal
Contact Person: Mr Tarsem Garg
Position: Head of Institution
Address: Mullana (Ambala), Haryana, 133207